No account? Register here

Series 1 Why the price hike?(subscription no longer an option)

Reading the posts on Pathfinder Legends,a lot of people said that the order in which you listen to the series did not really matter because they are separate adventures.So based on that i subscribed to season 2.55.intending to subscribe to season 1 40.Later this month.Looking at the website today the subscription for season 1 has disappeared and been replaced by a Bundle 60?
    This makes it more expensive than season 2 which has 6 hours more Audio time?So BF have increased a year old audio series by 50 per cent? What is going on?!!
    I am talking download price here

Community Member
    2 x discs = 1.5 x price

I don't even see your problem.

Community Member DavidJGallagher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob790 View Post
    2 x discs = 1.5 x price

I don't even see your problem.
    He's asking about Series 1 which weren't two discs.

There must be some mistake as a CD bundle is a tenner cheaper than a download one for series 1.
    "When I say run....."

Fo'ward!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJGallagher View Post

There must be some mistake as a CD bundle is a tenner cheaper than a download one for series 1.
    The bundle for series 1 is now 50 still more than the original sub.Has it just been altered?
    Last edited by PAWNTAKE; 16th September 2015 at 18:13.

I don't think the original prices changed on the individual release. Possibly a price adjustment from moving from a sub to a bundle. It's still cheaper than buying indivdually.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomJC View Post
    I don't think the original prices changed on the individual release. Possibly a price adjustment from moving from a sub to a bundle. It's still cheaper than buying indivdually.
    But almost the same sub price as season 2 which is 6 hours longer and a brand new story.Whereas series 1 is a year old.sale material by bf standards.

Quote Originally Posted by PAWNTAKE View Post
    But almost the same sub price as season 2 which is 6 hours longer and a brand new story.Whereas series 1 is a year old.sale material by bf standards.
    But, it is cheaper than the whole...Individually the stories would cost you more than the bundle price.
    - Why? Because I think I'm clever.

But, it is cheaper than the whole...Individually the stories would cost you more than the bundle price.
    That is very true

Quote Originally Posted by PAWNTAKE View Post
    That is very true
    Maybe it's just a contract thing, I remember when Rise of the Rune Lords came out, price was an issue, and apparently it's what the contract says.
    - Why? Because I think I'm clever.

Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJGallagher View Post

Ah. Sorry, I wasn't reading carefully.

Maybe it's just a contract thing, I remember when Rise of the Rune Lords came out, price was an issue, and apparently it's what the contract says.
    its probably my own fault I guess I should have bought series 1 first,but I did not expect the subscription price to suddenly be discontinued.

This is entirely down to my incompetence - as we've mentioned before on these pages, we're slowly moving subscriptions for entirely-released series to bundles. We get a lot of issues with people not understanding what a Subscription actually is, and what most people think - quite rightly - is a model where you place an order and get things as they come out (as per newspapers, books, etc.). It's less applicable in a retrospective mode. Whereas Bundle tends to suggest you're get a bundle of things. Which you do!

In this case, I got the wrong prices off the price list when I set up the Pathfinders Series 1 one (the bundle/subs prices aren't changing, just the format of how you buy it), and didn't cross check to the old sub price. I apologise for any confusion, and we've already sorted out this overpayment for those who went for the bundle yesterday/today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian@BigFinish View Post
    This is entirely down to my incompetence - as we've mentioned before on these pages, we're slowly moving subscriptions for entirely-released series to bundles. We get a lot of issues with people not understanding what a Subscription actually is, and what most people think - quite rightly - is a model where you place an order and get things as they come out (as per newspapers, books, etc.). It's less applicable in a retrospective mode. Whereas Bundle tends to suggest you're get a bundle of things. Which you do!

In this case, I got the wrong prices off the price list when I set up the Pathfinders Series 1 one (the bundle/subs prices aren't changing, just the format of how you buy it), and didn't cross check to the old sub price. I apologise for any confusion, and we've already sorted out this overpayment for those who went for the bundle yesterday/today.
    Thank you Ian.Did not mean to cause a kerfuffle! Thank you for the amendment. Incompetent? I think not,A million other things to do more like.