No account? Register here

Who is Number ... Six?

It's now September and yet there has still been no announcement as to the identity of the actor who will be stepping into Patrick McGoohan's deck shoes. I'm not sure if that's a clever marketing strategy or Big Finish lacking confidence. Should I be worried?

Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GooRoo View Post
    It's now September and yet there has still been no announcement as to the identity of the actor who will be stepping into Patrick McGoohan's deck shoes. I'm not sure if that's a clever marketing strategy or Big Finish lacking confidence. Should I be worried?
    Well, on a Torchwood thread Joe mentioned something happening tomorrow. Most people are hypothesizing it's an early release for TW1, but I'm still holding out for Prisoner casting announcements.

Community Member DavidJGallagher's Avatar
    Recording finished in the last couple of weeks, so whoever Number 6 is has clearly finished. When I asked Nick on facebook he was rather coy We'll find out soon enough. Nothing to do with "lacking confidence" - the set isn't out for months yet and there's been a LOT of news in recent months in other ranges that may have overshadowed Prisoner news if it were to be released sooner.
    "When I say run....."

Fo'ward!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJGallagher View Post
    Nothing to do with "lacking confidence" - the set isn't out for months yet and there's been a LOT of news in recent months in other ranges that may have overshadowed Prisoner news if it were to be released sooner.
    That makes a lot of sense, thinking about it. Thanks, David. I have to say though, as a life long Prisoner fanatic, one of the things that has made me hold off pulling the trigger on pre-ordering the set is the, er, lack of information (I know, I know...) regarding casting.

Good ol' Briggsy is teasing the trailer on facebook - news soon, I shouldn't wonder.
    "When I say run....."

Fo'ward!

Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJGallagher View Post
    Good ol' Briggsy is teasing the trailer on facebook - news soon, I shouldn't wonder.
    29th September a trailer will hit (Nick Briggs Twitter)

Have to say I enjoyed the series but I'm still kind of apprehensive due to lack of cast info but we shall soon see

Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazey View Post
    29th September a trailer will hit (Nick Briggs Twitter)

Have to say I enjoyed the series but I'm still kind of apprehensive due to lack of cast info but we shall soon see
    I saw Nick the other day and asked about how the Prisoner went. He could't have been happier.

I've been out of the loop a bit (having been touring a play) so I've no idea who is playing 6 - happily looking forward to the reveal - but there's a lot of enthusiasm for them!

Yeah, I can't wait to find out too. No. 6 is an iconic role and not an easy one to cast I'm sure. He's the protagonist but quite sinister in his own way.

I suggest this for everything but Roger Allam would be a great No 2.
    "When I say run....."

Fo'ward!

Community Member
    Yes No.6 is an iconic role and the casting could make or break the series.

So, please let the rumours be untrue that Nick Briggs himself is stepping into Patrick McGoohan's sandshoes. He's been very coy recently about casting but, no disrespect to Mr Briggs, he's no Patrick McGoohan.

Community Member
    we want information
    ...........information
    ...........information
    "Perhaps I should tell him I've been possessed by dozens of aliens and it's never done me any harm"

Community Member johnhurtdoctor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Defenestration View Post

So, please let the rumours be untrue that Nick Briggs himself is stepping into Patrick McGoohan's sandshoes. He's been very coy recently about casting but, no disrespect to Mr Briggs, he's no Patrick McGoohan.
    Please no!

We've just had an announcement of the cast for a 2016 Doctor Who release (Harvest of the Sycorax), which again makes me wonder what's going on with The Prisoner. Ah well, hopefully we'll be put out of our misery on the 29th.

PS I'm not expecting Nick Briggs to cast himself as Number Six, but if he has then he needn't be nervous about announcing it - I think he's more than proved he's got the acting chops for the role. I'd be fine with that casting.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Defenestration View Post

I'm not sure where that rumour started, but Nick won't be playing No. 6.

September 29th is the date we'll be revealing all. And it'll be well worth the wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@BigFinish View Post
    I'm not sure where that rumour started, but Nick won't be playing No. 6.

September 29th is the date we'll be revealing all. And it'll be well worth the wait!
    Ian Atkins as No. 6 confirmed!
    "When I say run....."

Fo'ward!

Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GooRoo View Post
    We've just had an announcement of the cast for a 2016 Doctor Who release (Harvest of the Sycorax), which again makes me wonder what's going on with The Prisoner. Ah well, hopefully we'll be put out of our misery on the 29th.
    Ah, but you're not really comparing like for like. The Harvest of the Sycorax announcement, exciting as it is, is a slightly different scale. We knew a lot about it already, we'd already had the hype. The identity of the new Number 6 hasn't had the hype yet, so it needs a bit of space around it, rather than being swamped by things like the release of Torchwood.

Community Member
    If it's not too late and he's available, I'd love to hear Martin Freeman's interpretation of Number 6.

And when he says the immortal line "I am not a number - I am a free man" he'll be telling the truth!

Last edited by mikewaterfield; 15th September 2015 at 07:47.

Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewaterfield View Post
    If it's not too late and he's available, I'd love to hear the multi-talented Martin Freeman's interpretation of Number 6.

And when he says the immortal catchphrase "I am not a number - I am a free man" he'll be telling the truth!

Yep. Me too. (My last name is also Freeman. No relation, although it would be nice if there were. )