No account? Register here

Administrator

Blake's 7: Mediasphere - Coming in August

Hi all.

Today we're pleased to reveal a new release date and cover for Blake's 7: Mediasphere, coming this August.

There's also a behind-the-scenes interview with authors Jonathan Blum and Kate Orman to enjoy on the release page.

No Dayna on the cover?
    No Grant on the cover either

Community Member
    Jonathan Blum & Kate Orman writing for Big Finish is something of a pleasant surprise.

I really hope the book is as good as the interview with the authors makes it sound! *crosses fingers and waits not particularly patiently!*

Quote Originally Posted by DanielW View Post
    No Dayna on the cover?
    Good point! Considering that Kate Orman and Jonathan Blum were specifically enlisted by Big Finish to write a Series C "Dayna book", it is *very odd* that her picture is not included with her teammates on the front cover of Mediasphere. I must say, I'm not overly impressed with the artist's omission of Dayna. Perhaps there are legal restrictions at play here?

It's certainly strange about no Dayna on the cover of a book that focuses on her. I also wondered if there were some legal restrictions here too but couldn't imagine what they might be.

I was also wondering if the book coming out much earlier than its original release date said anything at all about the Blake's 7 range at BF?

Quote Originally Posted by heathjon View Post
    It's certainly strange about no Dayna on the cover of a book that focuses on her. I also wondered if there were some legal restrictions here too but couldn't imagine what they might be.?
    Billie Piper via her agent had all of the photos of Billie removed from Who merchandise (which is why the tenth Doctor books we re released sans Rose on the cover). Perhaps Josette who, remember, is antipathical towards her time on B7 has done the same?

Is Del Grant in it?

When is it due out?
    'Listen'

Administrator
    Hi all

Blake's 7: Mediasphere is available now!

Yay!

Community Member
    Just realised that it wasn't part of the last Liberator Chronicles bundle, so I'll need to buy this one individually. Perhaps there are others in the same boat!
    Hope there's more B7 to come in 2016.

Hooray! I realised the same thing a few months ago, I think I was just assuming that there would be more Liberator Chronicles, or it was coming with the Chronicles set out in November. It feels like that may be the last of B7 for a very long time..

I thought we might have gotten some B7 news along with the release of this book. Very disappointing...

Community Member
    My copy arrived today. I see it is set between Powrplay and Volcano and Blake and Jenna are listed in the Dramatis Personae section along with the series 3 crew. Wonder if they actually appear? This is enough to make me bump it a few places up my reading list ...

Community Member
    I've got it. I read it. I loved it. Great Dayna story but crew dynamics spot on and I loved the idea.

Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heathjon View Post
    I thought we might have gotten some B7 news along with the release of this book. Very disappointing...
    Very soon!

I think it's a shame when the announcement of a release includes other forthcoming news - let each item have its moment. And the more news stories the more chances to catch someone's attention.

I'm about a third through Mediasphere and thoroughly enjoying it. Like The Prisoner's Dilemma, Jon's Prisoner novel (co-written with Rupert Booth), it's completely faithful to the TV series while also being very much a product of the 21st century. The characters and dialogue are right, and the Mediasphere concept starts out seeming a bit silly but gets a lot more interesting as the story moves forward.

How about a new Orman/Blum B7 novel every six months or so? At the very least I hope we hear about some more B7 novels before much longer.