No account? Register here

Community Member

What next for Textbook Stuff Horror?

Just wondered whether Barnaby could pop by and let us know whether there are any plans for 2013?

Community Member
    This is a good question!

Something auld and Scottish would be good...

Quote Originally Posted by Keiller View Post
    This is a good question!

You know what, I find myself in agreement. As far as I'm aware, there's a conspicuous gap of good Scottish ghost stories told my a good Scottish reader in rich highland tones. This is in spite of some superb stories being available for exploitation.

Here's a good one-stop book collection as a starter. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scottish-Sto...7433754&sr=8-5

Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thevodkarose View Post
    You know what, I find myself in agreement. As far as I'm aware, there's a conspicuous gap of good Scottish ghost stories told my a good Scottish reader in rich highland tones. This is in spite of some superb stories being available for exploitation.

Here's a good one-stop book collection as a starter. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scottish-Sto...7433754&sr=8-5
    Exactly. And I suspect a man called Tennant would be willing and sales-friendly..?

just south of Collinsport, Maine, USA (truth!)
    There have been quite a few Textbook Stuff releases in the Poetry, Horror, Nonfiction and Original Music series, most of which are not available through Big Finish. I have them all, and love each one. However, they seem to have stalled. I do hope they have been successful enough for Barnaby to continue, although I know that's been a hurdle from the start. These releases are too brilliant to stop. But, then, I love literature. I realize not everyone shares that passion.
    ~Tracy

Community Member
    Exactly. And I suspect a man called Tennant would be willing and sales-friendly..?
    His current daily rate is roughly the cost of my house.

Community Member
    Thanks for your continued interest in Textbook Stuff - it's deeply appreciated. There will be more titles, I promise. I just need to sort stuff out, especially in the financial arena (so far only one title has gone into profit ).

I'll let you know as soon as I save up for some more!

Community Member
    Well, I for one have just learned about Textbook Stuff but I think they are wonderful, particularly the horror ones. I really appreciate you offering them through Amazon and iTunes. Slowly working my way through the current available titles (too much to buy). If you are taking requests, how about some Lovecraft? There are several short stories that are in the public domain, some of which are quite good.

I think Big Finish should get Tom Baker to read some horror stories. Have you heard him reading in "Late Night Story?" He was very good at it, and conveyed the eeriness of the tale with his dulcet tones. So what about it Big Finish, a new edition of Textbook Horror, read by Tom Baker.

Well, curiously I'd go for Borges. I know he's not strictly horror but things like Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius scared the bejeezus out of me with its implications...that and the fact that the University supplied copy I had it in went missing and when I tried to replace it I was told there was no such book and never had been.

Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uirdhein View Post
    Well, curiously I'd go for Borges. I know he's not strictly horror but things like Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius scared the bejeezus out of me with its implications...that and the fact that the University supplied copy I had it in went missing and when I tried to replace it I was told there was no such book and never had been.
    It'll be a long time until Borges' works become public domain and therefore licence-free.

True, true. Sadly.

This is a good question!

In keeping with the auld Scottish idea, I would like to hear the short stories from Robert Louis Stevenson. Maybe Robert Louis Stevenson: The Body Snatchers & Other Supernatural Tales, with short stories like Olalla and The Waif Woman. Read by a classic Scottish actor, preferably Brian Cox. Brilliant voice!
    Last edited by KastonIago; 15th September 2013 at 12:26.
    Fourth Doctor : "There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes."

Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by petergilham View Post
    Just wondered whether Barnaby could pop by and let us know whether there are any plans for 2013?
    Any news for 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by eggerty View Post
    Any news for 2014?
    Any news for 2015?
    Fourth Doctor : "There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes."

Community Member
    oopssss there won't be any news in 2015 (( It's a pity! Although I've found some information here... visit this site http://open4u.co.uk/branches/game.html Maybe it'll be usefull for anybody.... Does anybody know what have they to publish in 2015?
    Last edited by vetalbon; 6th August 2015 at 19:13.

Quote Originally Posted by KastonIago View Post
    Any news for 2015?
    Carnacki the Ghost finder has been mentioned 2016?