Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    How about an adaptation of The Odyssey?

Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DasManiac View Post
    How about an adaptation of The Odyssey?
    Maybe a double pack with The Illiad?

Quote Originally Posted by Dfreer1120 View Post
    Don't! As a Classicist, I would KILL to do make that happen. Don't think it hasn't been suggested!

just south of Collinsport, Maine, USA (truth!)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie84 View Post
    Don't! As a Classicist, I would KILL to do make that happen. Don't think it hasn't been suggested!
    LOVE both! That would be a dream release!
    ~Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by scottie84 View Post
    Here's a knife. Know go and KILL!
    ♪These endless days are finally ending in blaze, and we are caught in the fire♪

Community Member
    Richard Marsh's The Beetle would be ideal for the Classic treatment. Especially under Scott Handcocks guidance.

Community Member Aussie Doctor Who Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJGallagher View Post
    BBC Radio 4 did a full cast Exorcist not too long ago with Robert Glennister.
    http://captainhowdy.com/2014/02/list...-the-exorcist/

This ^ has made my night- I had no idea it existed.
    RealEyes Realise RealLies

Absolutely. I wasn't sure about The Iliad being adapted because it's a difficult story to adapt. The Odyssey though is a fairly easy story to adapt.
    Last edited by DasManiac; 30th July 2015 at 16:20.

Community Member
    Absolutely. I wasn't sure about The Iliad being adapted because it's a difficult story to adapt. The Odyssey though is a fairly easy story to ada[t.
    Well it's mostly about the end of the Trojan war which is less condensed that the Odyssey, despite the fact it switches between different people.
    What I find most sad about these two is they are part of a bigger story known as the Epic Cycle which included Cypria, Illiad, Aethiopis, Little Illiad, Ilious persis "Sack of Troy", Nostoi "returns", Odyssey and Telegony. Each tells a different part of the war itself with Cypria detailing the events leading up to the war after Helen is taken, Aethiopis about the arrival of the Trojan allies, their defeat and the death of Achilles, Little Illiad being the events after including the building of the horse, Ilious persis is self explanatory, Nostoi is the return home of the Greeks including Agememnon and Menelaus and Telegony is about Odysseus finally getting home to Ithaca and his death. We only know the details of these because other sources mention them and because the full text is lost they were absorbed into Illiad.
    If Big Finish wanted they could do the whole Cycle while adding on to the missing portions.

Community Member
    I'd be interested in hearing what Big Finish could do with Oscar Wilde's Salome.

Community Member
    Has 1001 Nights been suggested? There's practically a whole new range in there alone though because of how many nights some take they'd have to be condensed or multiple releases would have to be done, especially the ones that are a story in a story in a story in a story.

Has 1001 Nights been suggested? There's practically a whole new range in there alone though because of how many nights some take they'd have to be condensed or multiple releases would have to be done, especially the ones that are a story in a story in a story in a story.
    I haven't seen anybody suggest it but it's a good idea. Send an email for the next podcast and ask Big Finish about it.

Community Member
    I haven't seen anybody suggest it but it's a good idea. Send an email for the next podcast and ask Big Finish about it.
    Just sent an email to Vortex. How do I send a question for the podcast? I couldn't find that.

Just sent an email to Vortex. How do I send a question for the podcast? I couldn't find that.
    podcast@bigfinish.com
    ♪These endless days are finally ending in blaze, and we are caught in the fire♪

Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JESUS View Post
    How about some Lovecraft stories ?
    I very much recommend checking out the releases from H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society. They are done more in a classic radio kind of way but that doesn't stop them from being really kind of creepy.

just south of Collinsport, Maine, USA (truth!)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathangervais View Post
    I very much recommend checking out the releases from H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society. They are done more in a classic radio kind of way but that doesn't stop them from being really kind of creepy.
    Absolute agreement! Creepy and fun in a very unique presentation...and each release comes with lots of "artifacts"!
    ~Tracy

How about Robin Hood and King Arthur audios? I know Big Finish did audios of the BBC Robin Hood series but I mean an actual take on the old Robin Hood legends. I think Medieval Fantasy overall would be a genre worth exploring for Big Finish.

Community Member
    How about The Secret Garden? Or as a Christmas Special Babes in Toyland. I know it's not a book and is an operetta but it does have a story.

Community Member anthonyzehetner's Avatar
    What about a really good Moby Dick adapted from the original and a driven Captain Ahab?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910