No account? Register here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shades of Gray

just south of Collinsport, Maine, USA (truth!)

Shades of Gray

I may have asked this before on the other thread, or perhaps on the Benny thread but here goes....

Any chance of a special, download only version of Shades of Gray, if only as a little bonus for the loyal Dorian fans (like me), who don't want an entire Benny box set? Nothing free, mind...I'd happily pay for it! I'd just love to have Dorian's first appearance for Big Finish to complete my library! Pretty please?
    ~Tracy

I'll see what I can do...

I agree! I sent an email to Big Finish asking that exact same thing, but they said that they weren't planning on doing that anytime soon. If more people agree with this suggestion on the forums, then it might convince Big Finish to do it.

Community Member
    I think it's a brilliant idea, I'm a Benny fan and have the story already but I can understand that it would be frustrating being a fan of Dorian and not being able to get his first appearance without buying a boxset from another series you're not interested in.

Although, if it hadn't been for Shades of Gray, I'd have never ordered the first series of Dorian, he hooked me in then and I've never looked back!

I'm doubly envious because in addition to Dorian, I'm a huge Dark Shadows fan, and I understand Shades of Gray also mentions the divinely wonderful and mysterious crimson pearl!

Thank you so much, Scott, for seeing if this may be possible. I appreciate your even considering it!
    ~Tracy

Dorian was in Benny? Is this the same Dorian in The Confessions Of Dorian Grey? If so, this ties Benny to Sherlock Holmes via Ghosts Of Christmas Past, which I believe leads into the upcoming Ordeals Of Sherlock Holmes box set. The last post also mentions Dark Shadows. Therefore, if the two characters are one and the same, then this puts Doctor Who, Jago and Litefoot,Gallifrey, Bernice Summerfield, Graceless, Dorian Grey, Sherlock Holmes and Dark Shadows in the same universe. Try saying that five times fast!

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Dorian was in Benny? Is this the same Dorian in The Confessions Of Dorian Grey? If so, this ties Benny to Sherlock Holmes via Ghosts Of Christmas Past, which I believe leads into the upcoming Ordeals Of Sherlock Holmes box set. The last post also mentions Dark Shadows. Therefore, if the two characters are one and the same, then this puts Doctor Who, Jago and Litefoot,Gallifrey, Bernice Summerfield, Graceless, Dorian Grey, Sherlock Holmes and Dark Shadows in the same universe. Try saying that five times fast!
    You are correct on all counts my friend. Yes--one and the same Dorian!
    ~Tracy

How does Earth-bound Dorian get to Legion, a planet far far away? I thought that this kind of thing would not be canon. He probably put it down to something similar to the thing he faced in Fallen King Of Britain

Community Member
    Without giving much away Shades is set in the 27th century. I think we can assume that by then nobody need be 'Earth-bound' any more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidXBrunt View Post
    Without giving much away Shades is set in the 27th century. I think we can assume that by then nobody need be 'Earth-bound' any more.
    Oohhh!! This sounds excellent! Please, get me this story now! This really needs to be available to The Confessions of Dorian Gray subscribers and The Picture of Dorian Gray buyers. No pressure though, Scott! I know you're looking into it and will do what you can.
    ~Tracy

If Alex Vlahos ever appears at Comic Con, I'm there! I'm not one to be star-struck, but he's just too cool. Actually, I'd love a Big Finish booth specifically for the Dorian Gray and Dark Shadows ranges! Doctor Who can have its own booth!
    ~Tracy

Any news on the "Shades of Gray" front?
    ~Tracy

I wouldn't expect anything too soon - if it happens, it will likely be at a time that doesn't detract from the series or adaptation.

Community Member
    It raises an interesting question though. All the 'Confessions' have been present day or past. Have you discussed doing (another) future story with Dorian or do you think that will alienate the core listenership?

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    It raises an interesting question though. All the 'Confessions' have been present day or past. Have you discussed doing (another) future story with Dorian or do you think that will alienate the core listenership?
    I think it'd be very silly if you could have Dorian build a Time Machine and travel to Ancient Rome as well. I'll pencil it in as another thing I'd like to see along with a story set on a hot-air balloon.

Community Member
    I'm not talking about time travel, I'm talking about time elapsing. Dorian in the future could be Dorian 500 years old. At the moment it's almost got a Quantum Leap vibe - jumping about in different pasts.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie84 View Post
    I wouldn't expect anything too soon - if it happens, it will likely be at a time that doesn't detract from the series or adaptation.
    Thanks Scott. I'll lay off you now...I know if it ever happens, it will be a bonus and I'll have you to thank. In the meantime, I'm so excited for series 2! Can't wait for Friday night...I've got a long drive ahead of me and am planning a listen of The Picture of Loretta Delphine and Dark Shadows The Enemy Within. Excitement!

Thanks for all you do! And here's to the next 4 weeks of Dorian!! Cheers!
    ~Tracy

Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    A previous Benny play (The Diogenes Damsel) Also mentions elements from the Faction Paradox series, as well as the Transuranics from Sapphire & Steel...

Is it at all possible that a downloadable version of Shades of Gray will be available before or during October, or is that just not possible? And is this "secret little something else in the pipeline" something to purchase? If so, will that be available in that timeframe as well?
    Fourth Doctor : "There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes."

(They're probably the same thing)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast